Close relatives* of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
*Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Events Management and Commercial Services Unit (OAFA-EC) within the Facilities Administration Division (OAFA). OAFA is under the Office of Administrative Services (OAS).
OAS manages the building, office space facilities, and delivers over 70 diverse services essential for ADB's operation. It provides administrative support to ADB Management and staff and delivers quality products and services at an affordable cost. The office is headed by the Principal Director (PD) and supported by Division Directors who manage the respective business units.
OAFA-EC is responsible for events management, food services, commercial services, commissary, and gas station.
The Unit Head, Events Management and Commercial Services will, in compliance with internal controls and guidelines, undertake the efficient and effective management and operation of (i) events management, (ii) food services, (iii) commissary and fuel station services, (iv) individual commercial services, and (v) client relationship management. Other commercial services may be developed and included in the future consistent with the unit’s objectives of contributing to the efficient functioning of ADB operations. Work within general policies, principles and goals, working directly with clients. The incumbent will report to Director, OAFA and will supervise National Staff and Administrative Staff.
Unit Operations Management
• Develop and lead the implementation of the unit’s annual work program
• Manage unit’s human resources by monitoring and analyzing units functional goals, operational processes, and implementation progress. Lead the unit’s personnel in achieving high performance standards and quality service.
• Undertake business process analysis/review, streamline and automate business processes
• Conduct periodic studies, benchmarking with other international organizations, and develop creative solutions for current and new areas covered by the unit’s activities
• Develop strategies and action plan to enhance events management and meet changing customer requirements in support of ADB’s expanding operations
• Develop a 'one-stop-shop' support system through systematic coordination of event logistics
• Create value for clients and maintain high standards of event management through best practices and procedures with due consideration for quality of logistical and administrative arrangements
• Manage events held within and outside ADB HQ that are delivered on time, within budget, and meet or exceed expectations
Commercial Services Management
• Provide commercial food service operations that are affordable and create positive dining experience by offering a variety of types of food service facilities (deli, cafeteria, restaurant, food stands, mobile carts, etc.)
• Initiate, develop, and implement business plans consistent with ADB’s policies and procedures in ensuring delivery of commercial services to clients
• Deploy new IT solutions, including food management system for food services; and inventory and accounting system for commissary and fuel station services
Client Relationship and Contract Management
• Establish and sustain a culture of client orientation and service excellence
• Manage outsourced service providers to ensure achievement of service level agreements and delivery of quality services
• Manage the overall relationship of service providers and clients, including mediation and resolution of issues and disputes
• Identify relevant learning opportunities and programs for staff under supervision
• Lead and contribute to the continuous improvement efforts implementing best practices
• Provide leadership and support to reporting staff
• Manage the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance
• Ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or related fields. University degree combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree
• At least 8 years of relevant experience in the hospitality industry and/or commercial service function in a multi-cultural business environment, including the management of both staff and outsource agency personnel
• Ability to develop projects within a service environment
• Good knowledge of auditing and financial accounting, cost control and managerial accounting/reporting using international standards
• Strong analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills, with ability to liaise effectively with all types of internal and external clients
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and evidence of substantial English report writing skills in a business environment; with exposure to research methods and associated reporting
• International experience working in several countries
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.
Application link: https://www.adb.org/careers/190383
Application deadline: 29 July 2019